Friday, November 2, 2007

Great Book

I now have baby shopping on the brain since the last post:) We are really excited to stop dreaming about our baby's room, and start making it a reality! But patience is key, right? We are going try and wait until after the holidays to start shopping, but I am sure I will break down before then. LOL:)

With all the baby "stuff" on the brain, I just wanted to give a shout to a great book given to me by one of my oldest and dearest friends, Jess. Jess & Bry have have a beautiful little girl, who we are proud to call our Goddaughter:)

When we began our journey, Jess gave me the book "Baby Bargains" by Denise and Alan Fields in order to help us sift through things we might buy for the baby. This book has been a godsend, and a wealth of information about everything related to babydom. It has information on what are good buys, bad buys, things not to even think about buying, etc. So, I just wanted to share the wealth about this book. I highly recommended it, and both Jamie and I enjoyed reading it, and it helped make some of our decisions very easy!

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

I also am reading this book. It is great! I just love all the helpful information on what one should and shouldn't buy and all the reviews of the different products.

Kim said...

Hi - just found your blog through Kazapalooza. Love this book...you are right, it is super helpful.

Baby on the brain was a very difficult stage for me. I wanted to buy everything!! :)

Kim

Chris Sapp said...

I had months of waiting for our children....Therefore, I had months of things I bought while waiting. I guess it helped me get through the wait and feel closer to bringing our babies home. The Sapp family will pray your wait is not long. We are excited to meet you and baby Vaughn at Kazapalooza!!!

Jeremy & Debbie Groh said...

Hey Guys,
I was just reading the Kazapalooza site and came across your blog. Where in Chicago are you guys? We live in the Portage Park area and just a little over a year ago adopted from Kaz. Sean is now 22 months and is the best thing that has ever happened to us. We would love to be able to help out with any questions that you may have and would love to meet you. Good Luck on the process of becoming adoptive parents. It will be the most wonderful journey.
Deb, J, & Sean
grohjd@yahoo.com

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Hello - we too found your blog on the kazapalooza site. How great that so many Kaz families will be able to spend time together! It seems likely that a majority of us will have kids all in a similar age range. How fun. Steve and I are currently in Kaz. Getting ready for our 6th visitation day in the bonding period. Good luck to both of you as you continue to finish up and send off your dossier!
Wishing you the best,
Kjersten, Steve and Aitugan

Matthew Ruley said...

Sorry I just posted about baby bargains on your last post - had some reading to catch up on. We hope to make it to Kazapaloosa too and look forward to meeting to you in person. Consumer Digest (is that name or the magazine were the rate products) also has a baby section where you can read about the products. The great thing about these reviews is that they point out the differences between the products so you know what to look for. Baby stuff is still a mystery to me.

Angela said...

I just wanted to say hi. I think I came across your blog through a comment on another blog . . . I guess that's why it is called "the web" :). We are in Illinois as well, but WAY down south. We are also wading through the paperwork.

Angela, standing at the mailbox waiting for that one last piece of paper http://babygirlmakes4.blogspot.com/