Friday, February 8, 2008

Calling All Rock Stars!

So, anyone who knows Jamie and I really well, knows that we love classic rock. Led Zeppelin is our favorite band and we had been trying to figure out how to incorporate our favorite rock bands into our little guy's life. Recognizing that many of the bands do not have lyrics that are appropriate for little ones, this was a challenge. Until recently. I was at Pottery Barn Kids and saw a CD that changed everything!

It was the songs of Coldplay made into instrumental lullabies for babies:) How cool is that? So, of course I bought it and, let me tell you, it is awesome! Great for the little guy to fall alseep to or just listen to in the car. I went on their website yesterday, and they have some really great bands that they have converted to lullabies. For those of you who love rock, or are looking for something different, this site is for you:

We wound up buying Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, Tool, and No Doubt (one of my favs) for the little guy! We can't wait for the CDs to get here so we can listen to them! We have an ongoing list of others that we would like to buy, and they are coming out with some new ones, so check back often.

My very good friend Jill sent me the link to this website after I forwarded her the Rockabye one (we have very similar tastes in music and all things baby!). It is way cool, and we are definitely going to buy this as well for our budding rocker musician (my fervent hope is that Vaughn plays guitar or drums)! I'm just happy that someone has thought to create a cd and dvd like this. Check it out:


Last but not least, another cool website for rock lovers like us, or those who have an appreciation for vintage inspired clothing, is for a store here in Chicago called Stinky Pants. Great rock T-shirts and cool onesies for babies and older. A bit on the expensive side, but I think some of them are worth it for sure (like "My Aunt is a Hottie". Vaughn will have 3 Aunts who are hotties so this is appropriate)!! This is also thanks to Jill who bought a very cool Guns 'N Roses T-shirt for our good friend's little boy:


That is all for my web knowledge today:) I just wanted to share a cool few sites with everyone. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Best wishes for those who are in country, about to travel (Amy!!!), waiting, and paperchasing! As they say, good things come to those who wait! I am happy that the wait is over for many of my fellow bloggers:) Happy travels soon to many of you - we can't wait to join you in the ranks!

PS - I bought Vaughn his first offcial outfit from Mom & Dad:) We can only hope that the size (6-12 months) will fit him! Here it is:

12 comments:

Susan said...

how fun!! I'm not a rocker,more of a "country girl" myself, but I am the only one in my family who likes that. Sean likes alternative music (loves Green Day) and we are fixin to leave for Guitar lessons. He loves learning Green Day songs and he also likes rap, like Jibbs and some other people i've not heard of.
He is getting decent at guitar though, and it's fun.

Love the websites, it's always fun to look at new fun things. :)

SEan has 3 hot aunts too, they would love those onesies. HA!

kitzkazventure said...

So Funny, If we had come home with a baby, my husband would have had me surfin those sites immediately. As it is now, Our 3 year old already immediately starts rockin out in the car seat with his head as soon as that genre of music comes on. He sways to any other music but for rock he has the classic head move learned hilariously by mocking my husband! Nick's aunt scored tickets and flew to London for the LZ concert and gave our older nephew a T-shirt from the concert for Christmas...she is now the number one coolest aunt so I am sure Nick will have his ROCK influence from all angles as he grows up! ;)

Kelly and Sne said...

NO WAY! Rock lullabies! What will they think of next? As a closet rock lover (as teenagers we used to see these guys at the Rosemont Horizon and that outdoor place in East Troy, WI - what was the name?), I'll have to check it out!

The Cook said...

Cute cute cute, I have to check it out.

Amy said...

Very cool!! You will have the hippest baby in town!!!

McMary said...

congrats on your homestudy approval--great news.
Rock lullabies--amazing what you can find out there but who would have thought to look. thanks for sharing the websites.

Regina said...

Love the links. Thanks for sharing! I don't really get into the typical sappy baby song CD's. This one sounds like just our speed!

Regina said...

P.S. I just found this Rockabye series on iTunes!

Susan said...

hey, we got the "not that baby dvd and cd" set. it looked too cute. I haven't played it yet though.

Sean got a real kick out of the rockin lullabies. His fav band is Green day. We had fun trying to guess the songs. But, we didn't buy one of those..YET. i need to STOP buying stuff.

The Cook said...

ummmmm, this rockstar would like an update.

Matthew Ruley said...

This rockstar too would like an update. What's going on?! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for your info – I've definitely picked up something
new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points
using this website, as I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I could get it
to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK?
Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could
damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords.
Well I'm adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for a lot
more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again very soon.


Also visit my blog Football Tipster Review