Monday, June 16, 2008

Bittersweet

First off, I need to apologize for taking so long to update. Jamie and I have not been around that much on the weekends and the weekdays have left me little time to blog!

I was going to announce this privately, but seeing how I have taken so long for that, I am just going to announce it publicly.

It is with a bittersweet voice that I write this: Jamie and I are putting our Kaz adoption on hold at the moment. As many of you readers know, Jamie and I started this process almost a year ago. In that time, we have endured some rough patches and were frustrated, but not downtrodden.

Well, here is where it got a bit interesting for us. On March 12th, we found out something we thought was impossible had happened. We found out that I was pregnant!! Imagine our shock and surprise!! We were told a while ago that this was all but impossible for us. So, this was, to say the least, very unexpected but a very welcome surprise. I still have days where I don't believe it (except for my ever expanding belly as proof)!!

But while being excited about the new Baby M, I cried for my son who is still waiting for us in Kaz. I just have to believe that everything happens for a reason, and that for some reason, this year was not the year to meet our son in Kaz.

After much talking, Jamie and I decided that it would be very difficult for us to adopt this year, so we talked with our agency and the adoption is on hold. We were excited to find out that we had a year to start the process back up again:) So, for now, the adoption is on hold, but certainly not forgotten. Jamie and I still plan to adopt from Kaz as we know in our hearts this is something we want to do, and are hoping to join the ranks of Kaz adoptive parents in 2009/2010:)

I just wanted to thank all of you who have read this blog, posted such wonderful and positive comments, and have supported us through everything. It has meant the world to us. This is such a wonderful community of parents & friends, and we look forward to sharing this journey again with you in the future.

This site will remain up and public, but I will be suspending posts until we start the Kaz process again. In the meantime, we will be creating a private blog for following the pregnancy. If you would like an invite to the new blog, please let me know in the comments section, or email me personally.

Thank you again for all the support! I wish everyone well in their upcoming journeys, their bonding periods, and their return home. I will still be reading and following up on everyone:) Best wishes!!

19 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! Best of luck!!!

The Cook said...

yeah..younupdated...it has been really hard to keep your seceret. Missed seeing you this weekend. When do we know the sex? Of course I want an invite to the preggo blog. Girl, I am HUGE!

Kim said...

Congratulations! What great news. I totally can see your feelings of happiness and being sad for you son in Kaz but you are right, everything happens for a reason.

I wish all the luck in the world!

Kim

Yes, I would love an invite to your private blog - Kimmertek@aol.com

Sandi said...

Kim,
Congratulations. You're right everything does happen for a reason. I would love to follow along on your pregnancy blog, such great news.

Sandi
wattie21@cfl.rr.com

kitzkazventure said...

Wow, so exciting! We would love to follow both journeys with you if you would allow us. What a great adventure you are on.....
karen
http://kitzkazventure.blogspot.com/
hensleykhensley@aim.com

Matthew Ruley said...

Congrats! What great news! Please please invite me to your new adventure.

Suzette & Tate said...

I was so excited to visit your blog and see you updated but then even more excited to see your news. That is great. Like Sandi said, everything happens for a reason.

Susan said...

WOW!!! I was wondering what was going on with you guys!! HOW EXCITING!! That is really really great news.

Are you going to find out what you're having?
I Hope you can use some of that stuff your secret blog pal sent you. :)

I would love to follow along on your journey to your baby.

HOW FUN!!
I loved being pregnant-LOVED IT!

princess@tampabay.rr.com

oh, and we got our LOI, we are going to be in Kaz August 1st. :)

SOO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Allison said...

Life is always unexpected!!! (and I would call this one the WONDERFUL unexpected variety.) Congratulations! I would love to continue to follow your journey.

~Allison

saeevaughan@comcast.net
http://lifesmanyblessings.blogspot.com

Gretchen said...

Congrats! That is wonderful news but I can see how it could be bittersweet too. I would love to follow along with your private blog.
Gretchen
bilbro@comcast.net

Jennifer said...

Wow, congratulations! What wonderful news! Yet at the same time, I can also understand your feelings of loss. Isn't the complexity of emotions so amazing at times?

Of course I would love an invite to your blog! I've missed you and have been checking regularly every week!

Aaron and Julie said...

Congratulations :) I understand the bittersweet feelings... Enjoy this time of your life and have peace that you can pick up the adoption process after the baby if it is right for you at that time. God makes no mistakes :) Would love follow your new journey :)

-Julie
jwoods626@gmail.com

McMary said...

Congratulations--it is definitely an exciting time in your life. I am very happy for you while at the same time understanding your feelings of loss regarding your Kaz son. I know you will find great joy with this new adventure and any future ones you undertake.
Take care and God Bless.
I would love to follow your story.
mcnab.mary@mayo.edu

Diana said...

Hey Kim. Everything is going to be just fine.

I'd love an invite to the preggo blog. I'm sure you have my e-mail but so you don't have to look here it is chirodoc@frontiernet.net

Cheers

Jill (& Bob) said...

Congratulations! Best of luck on the new adventure and on the suspended adventure!

Tracy said...

WHat wonderful news. Congratulations on the baby!!!

I hope everything goes smoothly. I would love to follow along.

Tracy

marsrob said...

That is quite a bit of news! Congratulations and best of luck to you both.

Kelly and Sne said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to see that your adoption is on hold and not canceled - how wonderful that you will have the opportunity to grow your family both biologically and through adoption.

Stacy said...

Congrats on the big news! Glad all is well. Glad your joining blog land again! I would love an invite to your private blog!
Stacy
Bssegebarth@aol.com