Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Finally...

OK. So, I have been promising pictures of the baby's room for, oh, over a month I think!! Here is the start of Vaughn's room. The rocker is courtesy of my in-laws, and we are going to re-finish it and re-upholster the cushion to match the room. The cover over the rocker is the baby's bedding - baseball, what else? :) Of course, once it is all completed, we will post a new picture.

Anyway, we hope everyone had a fabulous New Year!! Jamie and I (and his sister) spent quality time with some of our close friends. We had an awesome time, and it was the perfect way to ring in 2008. Jamie and I are looking forward to the new year and everything it has in store for us. It is no doubt going to be an amazing year!!! How can it not be? Our son will finally be home!!!

Thank you to all who have given their sage advice on what to bring to Kaz, buy for the baby, and other recommendations! It is going to be a huge help to us. Anything else anyone thinks of, please feel free to let us know:)

Also, we have updated our blog to receive anonymous comments. It occurred to us that some of our friends and family might not have Google accounts. If you click on the comments link under the post, the option should be there. If not, please let us know!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! May 2008 bring much love, happiness and laughter to you:)

13 comments:

marsrob said...

Happy New Year!!! We hope 2008 is filled with ALL excellent, happy times for you!

Matthew Ruley said...

Happy New Year! This will be a big one!

Love the colors in the baby room, and what a nice big, bright window.

Thank you for sharing with us!

kitzkazventure said...

The colors are wonderful in the room! I forgot to say yesterday that I remember how frustrated I felt that several of my friends who were having babies during the same time we were waiting seemed to be shopping all of the time and I felt so "left out". We knew that we would be going to get our child at the same time these people were due yet we were just hanging out at home without all the hoopla. I did go buy some clothes because I just couldn't stand it and a few little toys. Even though on this side of adoption, I can say just wait and see what you need later (I really am glad we waited on most things), I certainly remember the almost sadness or whatever you want to call it because we weren't experiencing the same stuff as our friends. So, definitely buy some stuff...it is good waiting therapy...But, on this side of it now, I would just say, don't take it with you. Save the space for games and food....especially if you are staying all of the time!
Ok, now I have said my piece! ;)
What a great 2008 you will have!
Karen

Susan said...

I love the nursery! Great colors.

I think you can wait on a lot of stuff for your baby. We don't have a highchair, or car seat yet. I bought a lot of clothes, but i wish I Hadn't. I will most likely donate them if they don't fit. I went ahead and bought a crib, but we could have waited. I got the kind that goes into a twin bed, but Sean wanted a train bed when he was almost 3 so this baby may be the same. I got this really cool thing for the baby to take with us...called ORPHAN ALLIES...just google it. It's neat stuff.

I love Chicago. I ran the Chicago marathon twice....the first time as my very first marathon! It was such a neat city. :)

Regina said...

Oh those colors are fantastic. Brown and blue are really nice together, and will make the room very soothing!

I wish you the Happiest New Year ever! It is going to be a milestone year!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE those colors! Gorgeous choice. Happy 2008 to both of you!

McMary said...

Like everyone else, I love the colors of your room and the old fashioned baseball theme is great.
I just bought my daughter's bedding last week and haven't gotten much else but have looked around the baby store also.
have a great New Year.
mary

Diana said...

REAL hardwood floor! REAL window sills! Nice big thich trim! Trees outside! Oh Yea - I like it!!

The Cook said...

Happy New Year. This year will be the best ever!

Amy said...

Love those colors...same ones I have in my living room...very nice.

Aaron and Julie said...

Love the room :)

I can echo Karen's comments. We bought a few things, but waited on most and didn't have a shower until we were home from the first trip. Thank goodness, otherwise we would have had a ton of stuff we couldn't use w/ a toddler. I also agree that it was a little sad to not be shopping with other 'moms to be' so of course buy some fun things :) I had more fun with the room than buying actual stuff. And trust me, people will give you more than you can ever imagine.

Happy New Year!

Jill of All Trades said...

Hey guys! I was excited to finally see pics of the nursery(so far)!! Super cute and very classy! You know, I'm getting my mom's rocker?!?!?! My dad bought it for her when she was pregnant with me. It's nice to have those heirloom touches. :~) Looking forward to more pics!!

Monica said...

I love the paint colors too in Vaughn's room! You're off to a great start with it. I can't wait to see the finished thing because it's going to be beautiful.
Best wishes,
Monica