Friday, January 11, 2008

Thank you...

To my Secret Blog Pal (SBP) for making my week, not once, but twice! It has been a rough week with regards to work, and my SBP made this week much brighter.

Early in the week, I came home to a package from Godiva and inside was the cutest bear with reindeer antlers holding a box of divine chocolate:) The bear of course, is for Vaughn, and the chocolate was gone in short order (with my hubby's help). The bear however, is extremely special. Not just because it was from my SBP and is for our son, but as I was looking through the invoice sent with the bear, I learned his name is Rudy. My SBP could not have known this, but Rudy is the name of my late Grandfather, who was very, very special to me. So this bear will have a very special place for Vaughn.

Now, if that wasn't enough to make me cry already, I came home later this week to another package from my SBP. In it was a pair of very comfy slippers for the baby house that pack down really small so great for travel; the cutest soft baseball rattle for Vaughn that says All-Star on the front, has a mirror on the back & a teething handle; some more chocolate (which in my opinion one can never have enough of); and last but not least (which incidentally is what put me over the edge in the crying department) the most adorable photo album that says Little Champ on the front of it (this will be the album we bring to the baby house when we meet Vaughn). Seeing all of these together made this adoption feel that much more real for me, and just warmed my heart. It was just what I needed this week:)

So, SBP, you hit the nail on the head and everything is so incredibly perfect!! We cannot thank you enough!!! I can't wait to put everything to good use!! I will post pics of the gifts when our computer issues are resolved (yes, they still exist!!!). I am ready to just buy a new one.

In other good news, we finally bought our furniture yesterday!!! I am so, so excited:) Jamie and I both really love it and it suits our personality, the baby's room, and our home!! I can't wait to get it and put it together. I am so excited for the room to be done furniture, pictures and all!! I could post pictures of the furniture now, but I think I will wait until the room is complete:)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! I also hope those who are waiting to hear about travel dates, or their dossiers, get good news this week with the Kaz government returning to operation!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so excited that you liked your gifts for you and for Vaughn. :) It warms my heart to know that it made a rough week better.

And, how cool is it that the bear is the same name as your grandfather, Rudy. I don't believe in coincidences, God is really good.

I'm excited to see your furniture! Ours sat unassembled for awhile, so I will try to not be too anxious for the pics.

I hope that this week is better for you. :)

Chocolate solves all, that's what I say.

Lots O love,
Your Secret Blog pal

The Cook said...

I am excited to see the furniture too. Congrats on the homestudy progress. Yeah!