Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Progress At Last!!!

After 6 very LONG months, and a switch of agencies, our Home Study is finally out the door to DCFS here in Illinois!! Whoo hoo!! Now we just have to wait 3 more weeks for approval from DCFS and then it is on to CIS:) At long last we finally feel like we are moving forward with our adoption and we are so excited about it!!! One step closer to Kaz and our Kazman!

On another note, I think my SBP has ESP. I was having another rough day (we are on deadline at work) and when I came home, another package with loads of goodies for Vaughn. The cutest pacifier and fire truck I have ever seen! Plus, a baseball and football to hang on the car seat or stroller, and two adorable tops for him! I love my SBP!!! Thanks for making me smile again today!

Also, I wanted to share one of my favorite websites just in case adoptive moms/parents out there have not come across it while web surfing: http://notshowing.com/store/Scripts/default.asp
I think my top two are "Pregnant On Paper" and "Adopting: Bump Not Required" (I will have to get one of these for my baby shower). Plus there is cute stuff for your little ones:)

Hope everyone is doing well and hearing all sorts of great news!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you got your box of "goodies" for Vaughn to cheer you up this week. :) Isn't that pacifier ADORABLE? I have a lot of friends with babies and their kids love these. Plus they're just so cute. :)

and, you know, what's weird. My 7th grade boyfriend's name was Jim Vaughn. I LOVED HIM, until, he broke up with me by having his best friend call me and say JIM WANTS TO BREAK UP, and he says you're a prude. Whatever, like we knew what that word even meant.
So, it's just DESTINY that we were meant to be secret blog pals, dont ya think?

Congrats on getting your homestudy done and OUT THE DOOR. Things will really start to go quickly now. And, honestly, it's good that you're so busy. It helps the time go by so you don't "overobsess" about every detail. :)

Hope this week gets better, it's almost over! :)

Lots of love,
YOUR SECRET BLOG PAL

Diana said...

WOO HOO!!!

We are right behind you! Expect our HS to be in DCFS hands next week.

Amy said...

What cute shirts!!! That is great news about your homestudy!

Matthew Ruley said...

Wow what an SBP! I'm trying to figure out who that is! No mentioning of their kids having that nuk. So are they waiting too? Muriel's on a cruise. Hm. I love a good mystery.

Congrats on the homestudy! Doesn't it feel good? Wait til you get the I-171-H. It is such a non-glamorous document. But the moment is glorious!

Kelly and Sne said...

Glad to hear that things are moving along....

Amanda said...

I love that website!!! I just went to it and bought that t-shirt that that says bump not required, lol!!!! Congrats on your homestudy!!!

Kim said...

LOL yes the GH I am referring to is on during the day, specifically 3:00 on ABC!!! :-)

I love that website, we got Josh a "Just Arrived from Kazakhstan" tshirt for the plane ride home.

Soltana said...

Yup GH at 3!!! I'll have to stay in touch with you too so we can be frustrated all together!!!

Soltana